Thursday 23 April 2015

Textile Birds

Inspired by watching the birds that we feed over the colder months, I have created a new piece of art in my "Simple Pleasures" series. Its a bit different from my usual pieces as I found the only way I could recreate the colours of the birds was using straight stitch. Each bird is created from hand printed fabric paper that I made & then stitched into. The background is created using sponged dye over cotton fabric.





This month, I have also had a lovely day delivering a bespoke art enrichment day with Y3's over in Audenshaw this week. We designed a textile bird, created hand made felt and then spent a messy afternoon, happily cutting, stitching, twisting, threading and choosing from an array of coloured felt, buttons, beads and wire.
Its always great to get positive feedback, this week, whispered from a young designer maker.... "I think this is the bestest lesson I've ever had!"
Praise indeed!
These are some of the fantastic designs & completed "crazy birds"






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment