Tuesday 28 June 2016

Catching my Breath...


Variety is the spice of life...

Almost a year has passed since I last posted here, and looking back there never seems to be a dull moment. Working in stitch & running your own business, is nothing but varied!
I am now continuing to work regularly with the charity WORTH, have connected with a local wool shop to run workshops there, re-introduced my own studio workshops here in Chesterfield,
 
Harlequin Arts studio
facilitated banners for young dancers with Disability Dance, run  workshops for Sheffield Children’s Hospital, project managed & led a new Arts on Prescription project in a health centre as well as worked with Derbyshire primary schools on a couple of larger projects.
Y2, completed healthy eating/food around the world banners

ordination stole
In addition, I have completed a series of twelve textile pieces of artwork entitled “Journey”, exhibited with textile group Evolve in Cromford and Sheffield as well as locally in Chesterfield with Derbyshire OpenArts. If that wasn’t enough, I have run a creative retreat for over 40 people and a couple of quiet days across the Midlands and completed a commission for an ordination stole.

 

And Breathe...

It is hardly surprising then that I am currently using the break from the busyness of projects, to catch up on lots of unfinished business. Much of that is unfortunately, paperwork- tidying endless things that I should have sorted out along the way, as well as planning for later in the year and even into 2017, which is all looking very exciting, if current negotiations work out!

Getting back on track...

I must confess I would rather be stitching, but there comes a time in business, when the mundane things become too important to ignore, and having time to reflect and refocus on priorities ensures that I don’t get off track with working out new & emerging progressions & ways forward for the business…
In the mean time I've been scouring sketchbooks to source ideas for the new series of textile pieces and rummaging through boxes of fabrics to see what treasures I can use next...watch this space for new work soon, I hope...I cant wait to get back into a rhythm of stitching again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment